Dr. Lindsey Higgins earned her Ph.D. in Agricultural Economics from Texas A&M University and her undergraduate from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. She comes from an agricultural background growing up on the Central Coast of CA.
Dr. Michael Lau earned his Ph.D. in Agribusiness from Texas A&M University and his undergraduate from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. He comes from a farming background and has an agribusiness background in the meat industry. more
Maddy is a professional ball retriever. Through, mud, sand, snow, or water, she fetches the ball with 100% effort.
Luke is a professional sunbather. He despises the ball but loves to work on his tan and feel the warm sun.
Capital Cultivators was created to be a customer driven company focusing on creating business success for its clients. The team members wanted to use their background and knowledge to help clients gain a competitive advantage and other services unique from other consulting firms.
Capital Cultivators has experience in multiple fields that transcends across many business types and consulting needs. Business efficiency, data and survey analysis, education development, financial risk analysis, impact studies, and market planning are just a few of the expertise areas for Capital Cultivators.
At Capital Cultivators, we do not take a blanket approach to your needs. Every model, plan, strategy, and survey is tailored specifically to most efficiently meet your needs and accomplish your goals. Sound strategy and comprehensive research maximizes the potential success. We don’t just wing it, believe you must have a reason for why.
There are many facets to Capital Cultivators that can help you grow your capital. In today’s world, sounds financial forecasting and creating your own voice is key to managing risk for future success. Many firms say they are marketers but are really just content creation vehicles. They are advertising companies, not marketing companies.
Capital Cultivators has worked on a broad range of projects over the past years ranging from market planning, strategy development, studies, and market research to economic simulation feasibility studies to education material development. All are data and financially sensitive information that is proprietary and confidential with our clients. We adhere to strict contract and legalities with nondisclosure agreements for all work. Because of this, only a general description of past projects are listed below. All projects have helped our clients take the road to success.
* Pecan direct to consumer marketing plan development
* Sweet red wine marketing plan targeting young consumers
* Wholesale organic brown rice marketing plan
* Ready to Eat Guacamole kits market plan targeting retail markets
* Rescue safety device for the grain industry
* Local Grass-fed beef marketing plan for direct to consumer
* International brand development for consumer pork products
* Soil amendment additive marketing plan for consumer markets
* Cotton quality processing equipment marketing plan to farmers
* Finger Lime market development to high-end retail outlets
* Brussels Sprout byproduct as a high-end produce product
* Strategic planning for non-profit agricultural organization
* Marketing and engaging urban activities to youth
* Market planning and strategy development for Texas Wine
* Marketing and business planning for socially disadvantaged farmers
* Technology and consumers research in purchasing wine
* Survey and market analysis for state parks
* Brand personality and social media engagement of wineries
* Consumer comparisons of wine labels
* Survey of organic adoption practices by producers
* Branded beef consumer analysis
* Traffic Safety camera analysis and stated choice model
* Technology and social media use in education
* Segmentation of equipment purchasing markets
* Evaluation of state promotional programs for wine and tourism
* Evaluation of industry structure on a wine industry
* Consumer valuation on natural and organic beef
* Food marketing information literacy
* Wine label personality transmission
* QR codes in the wine industry
* Bioenergy plant feasibility and location analysis
* Relocation of a pork slaughterhouse and cost savings analysis
* New meat processing facility location analysis
* New rendering and waste management facility feasibility study
* Utility usage consumption for food processing
* Biogas generation for electrical production feasibility
* Sorghum production for bioenergy benefit/cost analysis
* Whole farm economic simulation feasibility
* Measuring economic impact and tourism development events
* Ethanol production and water usage
* Impact of National School Lunch Program on Children’s Food Security
* Farm level impacts of revenue based policies
* Impact of ethanol on water supplies
* Ethanol prices and production potentials
* Equinomics online course material development
* High School agricultural and life science online course development
* International social media classroom
* Guided vs. self directed information acquisition
* Social media use in classroom teachings
* Flexible grading and student motivation
* Technology for collaboration in classrooms
* Evaluation of team taught courses
* Knowledge and barriers in academics related to student perceptions
There are many firms out that that claim to be marketing companies. In reality, they are advertising companies who create content. Many times this is done without an objective or measurable outcome in mind. Marketing is about analyzing the market, finding the right customer, setting objectives, and building value for the customer and company. All this leads to the development of marketing strategies that include product and brand development, distribution alignment, pricing strategy, relationship development, public relations, and advertising. A sound and complete marketing strategy offers the highest probability of success in this cluttered marketplace.
A company has the choice of who to provide its products or services to. Segmenting is about dividing the market into groups that are similar in kind, whether demographically or based on lifestyle and behavior. Segments could be millennials, baby boomers, tourists, or the environmentally conscious. Targeting is about selecting the ideal segment to focus your marketing efforts on. Are you targeting the right segment?
We work with all types of companies, but our primary focus has been with agricultural, agribusiness, food manufacturing, and wine production firms. Having grown up on ranches and on vineyards and working in the food production industry, our background and passion is in agriculture. We understand the uniqueness in agriculture. However, marketing, financial simulation, and market research is universal to all industries. Whether local, national, or global, we can assists you in meeting your objectives.
YES and NO. Setting up a social media campaign is possible once proper market research is completed to determine the most efficient methods of reach and communication. However, providing the content to continually update, interact, and build relationships with consumers should come from the company. After all, no one knows your business or products like you. Don’t let other companies fool you into thinking they can instantly create a social media campaign for you.
Again, YES and NO. We can assist in providing updates and creating content for your company. However, as mentioned before, we believe no one can promote and sell your product as good as you. Honest and realistic content will give consumers the greatest insight into your company and products, creating a relationship that only you can provide. Relational marketing will help you drive sales.
Sure, our company believes in finding the proper media channels to reach your perspective target market. Everybody wants social media, but social media is not for everybody. Leveraging the proper communication channels to best reach your target will give you the best return on investment. Which method of communication depends on which target is chosen and what market research is performed. Our firm can create content in any media form to meet your needs. You do not have to do all of them, don’t let companies tell you that you do.
It depends on the scope of your project and how in depth you want your marketing plan or research to be. Doing a focus group for 10 people is much different than doing a survey of 1,000 people. After reviewing your information and meeting with you to discuss your needs, we will provide a project costs contract for you to review. Other additional work outside of normal project deliverables will be billed on a per hour basis. We normally do not do projects based on an hourly basis. We find it much more cost effective for our customers on a per project costs basis.
Capital Cultivators focuses mainly on financial modeling and simulation, market planning, market research, and survey design and data analysis. We are trained economists and love numbers, but we also love marketing and helping companies tell their message. Capital Cultivators believes all our services are cohesive. You must first perform market research to determine the ideal target and strategies. Using this information, we can than develop the most effective marketing plan for your company and products/services. After this, forecasting the expected outcomes and creating measurable metrics is important to determine your return on investment. We want to provide you a complete system for success based on sound research and risk determination unlike many firms who just provide you a partial service.
Of course. We provide many services but we are not experts in all fields. We can work with your current agency or consultant to perform market research, develop financial simulation models, or create marketing strategies. Our goal is to assist you in creating a dynamic and effective plan to meet your goals and objectives. We work as consultants on a project-by-project basis.
Capital Cultivators has worked on a broad range of projects over the past years ranging from market planning, strategy development, and market research to economic simulation feasibility studies to education material development. All are proprietary and confidential with nondisclosure agreements. Because of this, only a general description of past projects are listed below. All projects have helped our clients take the road to success.